PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI – Derrick Van Orden has been a leading critic of the Biden administration’s failed withdrawal from Afghanistan that has emboldened the Taliban and put American and Afghan lives at risk.
Following President Biden’s speech yesterday, Derrick Van Orden released the following statement:
The Biden administration’s sheer incompetence has led to the largest foreign policy disaster in my lifetime. What should have been an orderly withdrawal has become a panicked retreat due to no planning. The truth is that this did not need to happen this way. His press conference yesterday shows that he continues to be completely out of touch with the reality on the ground in Kabul and other parts of the country.
There are tens of thousands of American citizens, our coalition partners, and Afghans civilians that assisted the US during the war that are unaccounted for and trapped behind Taliban lines. The President has a sacred duty to return every single American citizen to our shores and a moral obligation to fulfil by keeping our Nations’ word to our allies.
Derrick’s criticism of the Biden response has been featured across Wisconsin and the nation. See below for more:
- Fox News: Retired Navy SEAL calls for resignations of top Biden admin officials: ‘They’ve abjectly failed’
- Fox Business: State Department employees in Afghanistan warned Blinken in July Kabul could collapse
- Fox Business: Veteran calls for removal of ‘incompetent’ Jake Sullivan
- WQOW: Derrick Van Orden, vets react to Afghanistan situation
- Spectrum News: Two Wisconsin combat veterans who served in Afghanistan share thoughts on U.S. retreat
- Fox 25 48: Republicans Derrick Van Orden and Jason Church address crisis in Afghanistan
- Wisconsin Right Now: Derrick Van Orden Slams Biden’s ‘Incompetence’ on Afghanistan
- Derrick Van Orden on the Vicki McKenna Show
- WIZM: Derrick Van Orden on La Crosse Talk with Mike Hayes
- WSAU: Derrick Van Orden on WI Morning News