Washington, DC —Today, Rep. Ron Kind voted for a Fiscal Year 2022 appropriations package to create good-paying jobs right here in Wisconsin, invest in rural broadband, support working families across the state, and expand access to health care for our veterans.
This package also includes Rep. Kind’s amendment to increase support for the Water & Waste Disposal Loan & Grant Program. The program provides critical funding for clean and reliable drinking water systems, sanitary sewage and waste disposal, and storm water drainage in our rural areas.
“We need to make sure our economy works for everyone, especially hard-working families here in Wisconsin,” said Rep. Ron Kind. “I’m proud to vote for this legislation to invest in our communities, expand access to rural broadband, improve veterans’ health care, and help create good-paying jobs right here in Wisconsin. I’ll continue working to find common ground to promote fiscal responsibility while making smart investments that keep our economy growing and America the most innovative country in the world.”
This package is made up of seven appropriations bills, and will make key investments to:
- Expand and improve veterans’ access to health care in critical areas like opioid treatment and mental health and provide more veterans with home and community-based services
- Grow opportunity for rural communities by increasing funding for rural broadband
- Support Rural Health Programs and rural hospitals
- Support our family farmers by boosting funding for farm programs
- Help schools across Wisconsin support at-risk students and ensure brighter futures for our children
- Support working families and help adults and youth obtain good-paying jobs by boosting funding for Registered Apprenticeships and job training
- Ensure safe, clean water by including funding for drinking water contaminants and wastewater treatment
- Tackle hunger and nutrition insecurity by supporting WIC, SNAP, and Child Nutrition programs, like school meals