DOA Building Management is pleased to be able to begin a phased reopening plan of the Wisconsin State Capitol Building for public access. This message is being sent to Tenant Coordinators at the Wisconsin State Capitol.
Building Hours for Public Access
- Beginning Monday, May 3, 2021, the State Capitol Building will be open for public access:
o Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Ground Floor entrance will be the ONLY doors unlocked for public access during these hours. Please direct all visitors to the MLK Jr. Ground Floor entrance.
- State Capitol staff may continue to use all other entrances for entry and exit using their card access ID badge.
- During this phase, the State Capitol Building will remain closed to the public on Saturdays and Sundays, and on legal holidays.
- During this first phase of reopening the State Capitol Tour Desk will be staffed for visitor information.
- Tours of the Capitol are not scheduled to resume during this phase.
- The State Capitol Museum will remain closed during this phase.
- Please continue to help us keep COVID-19 out of the State Capitol Building:
o If in the past 14 days, you have had any of the following symptoms or contacts, then please do not enter the State Capitol Building:
- Fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell; and/or
- Been a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
o Wear a face mask while in the Capitol’s Rotunda, corridors, restrooms, elevators, and other common areas.
o Adhere to all posted safety signage and do not remove the posted safety signage.
Mail/USPS and Deliveries:
- All USPS mail and deliveries such as FedEx, UPS, etc., should continue to follow normal protocol and will be delivered to the loading dock at:
Risser Justice Center
17 W. Main St.
Madison, WI 53703
- As usual, these mail and delivery packages will be delivered to the Capitol Receiving Area Mail Room for tenant agencies to collect at the frequency of their choosing.
- DOA Building Management is coordinating with USPS to resume the collection of mail from the two State Capitol Building mail chute collection boxes in the near future. Please continue to follow all posted signage and DO NOT USE the mail chutes until the new signage indicates the chutes are available for daily use.
As updated guidance from the Stop the Spread – State Government Guidance is made available, DOA Building Management will communicate these updates for all State Capitol Tenant Coordinators.