As the Senate nears a vote on President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal, Democrats in states across the country spent this week spreading the message about how this infrastructure package will build on our economic recovery and create millions of good-paying jobs, help American businesses grow by investing in our country’s infrastructure — like our roads, bridges, public transit, and broadband — and keep us competitive with other countries.
In Indiana and Wisconsin, Democratic state parties hosted events highlighting how the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will invest in often overlooked communities and create economic opportunities that their states need.
- In Wisconsin: Fox21: Mayor Jim Paine Talks New Federal Infrastructure Deal
- In Indiana: News and Tribune: Indiana Democrats promote American Jobs Plan
From North Carolina to Iowa, local leaders on both sides of the aisle wrote about why their communities urgently need the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal — a plan that would drive significant growth, job creation, and innovation in their communities.
- In North Carolina: Kinston Free Press: DC and Raleigh improve Kinston infrastructure and storm resilience resources
- In Ohio: The Athens News: Bipartisan infrastructure bill’s clean energy investments good for Ohio cities
- In Iowa: Des Moines Register: On infrastructure, inaction is not an option, in Iowa or anywhere else
And local media continued to highlight how their readers will benefit from President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal. As outlets across the country noted, every single state in the nation is poised to gain new jobs and new economic opportunities because of President Biden’s leadership on this bipartisan package.
- In Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: White House: Pennsylvania would receive billions from infrastructure bill
- In Wisconsin: Wisconsin State Journal: White House: Infrastructure bill would provide billions for Wisconsin roads, bridges
- In Georgia: WRBL: How Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill will apply to Georgians
- In Minnesota: Star Tribune: U.S. Senate deal would boost Minnesota’s infrastructure
- In Louisiana: KPLC: White House releases fact sheet highlighting impacts of Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act in La.
- In Oklahoma: The Oklahoman: From roads to broadband, here’s what the federal infrastructure bill would fund for Oklahoma
- In Connecticut: New Haven Register: White House: CT would see at least $5.5 billion under infrastructure bill