MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the August board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, management and master plans, land items and donations. The Board also will receive an update on Great Lakes Commercial Fishing.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021, originating from Milwaukee Harbor Room 107, at the new DNR Milwaukee Headquarters, 1027 W. St. Paul Avenue, Milwaukee, Wis. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The public is encouraged to watch the August board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline to register to attend tours, remote public appearance requests and written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021. There will be no in-person public appearances.
Ahead of the in-person meeting on Aug. 10, the Board will tour the new DNR Milwaukee Headquarters, Linwood Water Treatment Plant (not open to the public) and Lakeshore State Park. No action will be taken. Pre-registration by deadline is required.
During the August meeting, the Board will be considering:
- Approval of the fall 2021 wolf harvest quota
- Statement of Scope for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 102 related to site-specific phosphorus criteria for Lac Courte Oreilles
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 20 related to Minocqua Chain walleye harvest regulations
- Proposed rules revising chapter NR 216 related to storm water pollutant discharge elimination permits
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 19 related to wild rice harvesting
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 102, 106, 205, and 207, and other related regulations for the purpose of updating Wisconsin’s water quality antidegradation policy and procedures
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 20 related to sturgeon spearing harvest regulations and gear use
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming August meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.