Contact: Alec Zimmerman
Republicans getting positive things done, Democrats offer failed policies
[Madison, WI] — Ahead of his State of the State address today, Wisconsin Republicans are touting Governor Scott Walker’s bold conservative reforms in Wisconsin. While Democrats are offering nothing but the failed policies of yesterday, Governor Walker is getting positive things done for hard-working Wisconsin families. The Republican Party of Wisconsin released the following statement from Executive Director Mark Morgan:
“Governor Walker has led the fight for bold reforms that put hard-working Wisconsin families first. Thanks to those reforms more people are working than ever before, our unemployment is as low as it has ever been, we’ve eliminated an entire tax, and Wisconsin is making historic investments into our classrooms. Democrats are offering nothing but talk as they look to take us backward with the failed policies of yesterday. Governor Walker is getting positive things done, and moving Wisconsin forward.”
Wisconsin is Moving Forward, Thanks to Governor Walker’s Reforms
- More people are working than ever before in our state’s history, and our unemployment matches the all-time low.
- Wisconsin is investing more actual dollars into our K-12 classrooms than ever before in state history – $200 more per student this year with an additional $204 per student next year.
- Our state budget is not only balanced – we’re enjoying a massive surplus.
- Wisconsin is a top state for business, with companies from around the globe like Haribo and Foxconn coming to Wisconsin.
- Led by Governor Walker, Republicans eliminated the entire state portion of the property tax and property taxes as a whole are lower in 2018 than they were in 2010.
- Governor Walker has made college more affordable, freezing tuition for six years in a row.