Contact: Kara O’Keeffe
Mineral Point, Wis. – Make history come alive this summer as you experience NEW programs, events, and activities at Pendarvis Historic Site. On May 26, Pendarvis will reopen for the 2018 season.
“For new and returning guests, we will be offering many exciting programs and events throughout the season,” says Susan Caya-Slusser, site director for the Southwest Historic Sites. “We are thrilled to debut the new site reinterpretation that will tell the story of Bob Neal and Edgar Hellum, life and business partners who began the preservation movement in Mineral Point.”
This new site reinterpretation will include several features:
- Restoration of the Pendarvis House Restaurant to re-create the way it looked in the 1950s.
- Preservation of history through foodways and architecture
- New programs that center on the restaurant including a History Happy Hour Tour, Cornish Fest Pub Night, and more.
Throughout the 2018 season, Pendarvis will offer a variety of other programming and events including:
- Happy Hour Tour (June 2): Hear stories about the Pendarvis House restaurant and the famous visitors who dined here. Tour followed by a short presentation and drinks.
- Cornish Fest Pub Night (Sept. 28): Live music, drinks, games, and merriment at the cozy recreated Cornish pub.
- Merry Christmas Mine Hill Tour (Sept. 29): Hear the stories and see the evidence left behind of the miners who came to Wisconsin to work the mines.
- Legends of the Point (Oct. 26): Tommyknockers! Giants! Beasts! Bring your flashlight, grab your treasure map, listen to the legends, and gather clues to unlock the secret code word for your prize.
- Fireside Christmas (Dec. 1): Experience an old-fashioned 1930s Christmas with fun for the whole family at Pendarvis.
For a full list of events and dates visit www.pendarvishistoricsite.org.
Plus, this summer join the Wisconsin Historical Society’s celebration of flavors that connect us to our diverse heritage in the most delicious way. With exhibitions, demonstrations, tours, and tastes around the state, The Flavor of Wisconsin brings to life the history and living traditions that make us who we are. See all our flavorful events here.
About Pendarvis Historic Site
Pendarvis is one of twelve Wisconsin Historical Society Museums and Historic Sites. Pendarvis is a historic site located in Mineral Point, Wisconsin. The site, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is made up of several 19th century cabins built by Cornish immigrants who came to Mineral Point to mine lead. Today, the site celebrates the restoration and preservation efforts of Robert Neal and Edgar Hellum, who saved a significant part of Wisconsin’s past. For general information and details, call 608-987-2122 or visit www.pendarvis.wisconsinhistory.org.