Contact: Brad Bainum
Madison, Wisconsin — Right-wing state Senator Leah Vukmir, out-of-state billionaire puppet Kevin Nicholson, and D.C. hedge fund millionaire Eric Hovde are cheering on congressional Republicans as they force through big tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations and tax increases for middle class Wisconsin families.
- Right-wing state Senator Leah Vukmir cheered the Senate’s passage of the GOP tax plan in her weekly news letter, calling it “Good news!”
- Out-of-state billionaire puppet Kevin Nicholson was equally enthusiastic about Senate Republicans voting to deliver big cuts to his megadonors at the expense of hardworking Wisconsinites, suggesting that he would’ve voted “yes” on the bill’s final passage.
- Meanwhile, D.C. hedge fund millionaire Eric Hovde — who has so little faith in his fellow Republicans Vukmir and Nicholson that he thinks he can just walk away with the GOP Senate nomination in 2018 — is, according to WisPolitics.com, insisting that “Republicans passing the tax bill will be key for GOP prospects next fall and getting the overhaul signed into law would be an important factor in easing some of the headwinds Republican may face in 2018.”
As passed, the Senate GOP tax plan bill championed by Leah Vukmir, Kevin Nicholson, and Eric Hovde would:
- Increase taxes on 48% of taxpayers by 2027;
- Gift the richest 1% reap 62% of tax cuts; and,
- Spike Americans’ healthcare premiums by 10%, while leaving 13 million more people uninsured.
“Vukmir, Nicholson, and Hovde are cheering tax cuts for billionaires and corporations that are paid for by tax increases on nearly half of Americans, healthcare premiums spikes, and dangerous Medicare cuts,” said Brad Bainum, Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesperson for the 2018 Senate race. “This isn’t a tax plan for working families, it’s a Republican scam that triggers a massive transfer of wealth to corporations and billionaires at the expense of middle-class Americans.”