Nine faculty and staff members have been recognized at University of Wisconsin-Stout and will be honored in the fall.
The annual Chancellor’s Academic Staff Award for Excellence for 2017-18 was awarded to:
- Jerry Poling, University Communications, assistant director
- Erin Sullivan, Athletics, associate director
The award recognizes academic staff with more than three years of experience who have demonstrated outstanding ability and performance and show potential for future professional contributions to the university.
Poling, of Eau Claire, authored a book on university history, “An Idea Comes of Age: UW-Stout, 1891-2016,” that was published in December. He has worked at UW-Stout since 2010.
Sullivan, of Menomonie, was tournament director March 31-April 1 when UW-Stout hosted the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association championships. She has been associate director of Athletics since 2008, after four years as a Blue Devils assistant women’s basketball coach.
Each individual will receive $2,500 to be used for professional development during the fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30, 2018.
Each year undergraduate and graduate students at UW-Stout vote for the Outstanding Teaching and Outstanding Graduate Faculty awards. Seven people have been honored:
Outstanding Teaching Award
- Chris Ferguson, associate professor, social science
- Jay Jones, lecturer, hospitality and tourism
- Arthur Kneeland, senior lecturer, biology
- Robin Muza, senior lecturer, human development and family studies
- Jill Paetzold, assistant professor, business
- Evan Sveum, senior lecturer, communication technologies
Kneeland also was named Educator of the Year by students. Read more here.
Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award
- Deanna Schultz, associate professor, teaching, learning and leadership
The awards will be presented Monday, Aug. 28, in the Great Hall of the Memorial Student Center during the opening day of 2017-18 academic year.