Office of Mayor Tom Barrett |City of Milwaukee
Nationally-known pastor to speak Wednesday morning to promote message of peace and non-violence
MILWAUKEE – Mayor Tom Barrett, City Department representatives and faith-based leaders will gather Wednesday morning to discuss spreading a message of non-violence in the community during the 13th Annual Ceasefire Sabbath that takes place on Sunday, May 21, 2017, throughout Milwaukee.
The morning’s keynote speaker is Pastor Michael McBride from The Way Christian Center in Berkeley, CA. Pastor McBride is an advocate for the role of faith in violence prevention. As the Director for Urban Strategies for PICO National Network, a nationwide group of faith-based community organizations, and its LIVE FREE Campaign, Pastor McBride supports hundreds of congregations throughout the country in addressing gun violence and mass incarceration.
The Office of Violence Prevention will share the status of its comprehensive community-driven violence prevention plan. The Milwaukee Police Department will be on hand to meet with attendees to discuss addressing crime and violence in neighborhoods.
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett
- Faith-Based Leaders from throughout Milwaukee
- Pastor Michael McBride, The Way Christian Center in Berkeley, CA
- Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn
- Reggie Moore, Director, Office of Violence Prevention
- Representatives from Milwaukee Police Department
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Media should arrive by 8:00 a.m.
- Christ the King Church – Quality of Life Center, 7750 North 60th Street, Milwaukee